- If you are only browsing this website or using the Search function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) requested. Although user sessions are tracked, the users remain anonymous.
- If you choose to send an application or an e-mail that contains personally identifiable data, for us to process the application or to render you a service, we may share relevant data within ECI, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We may also need to disclose personal data as required by law or a court order. We will NOT share your personal data with private organisations.
- For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction using your personally identifiable data, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of ECI services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies and policies.
- This site may contain links to other independently-managed websites within the ECI network and to some sites outside the “liveyourmark.com” domain whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to examine the privacy notices of those sites.
- If you wish to find out more about ECI’s Personal Data Statement, please read below
Executive Coach International Personal Data Protection Statement
ECI respects the privacy of individuals and recognizes the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect, process and disclose your personal data. We are also committed to adhering to the provisions and principles of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. As such, this Personal Data Protection Statement is to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
We will collect, use and disclose your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”). The Act establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
The Act takes into account the following concepts:
- Consent – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data only with the individual’s knowledge and consent (with some exceptions);
- Purpose – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data in an appropriate manner for the circumstances, and only if they have informed the individual of purposes for the collection, use or disclosure; and
- Reasonableness – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data only for purposes that would be considered appropriate to a reasonable person in the given circumstances.
In projecting the three main concepts above, the Act contains nine main obligations which organisations are expected to comply with if they undertake activities related to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data:-
(1) The Consent Obligation
(2) The Purpose Limiting Obligation
(3) The Notification Obligation
(4) The Access and Correction Obligation
(5) The Accuracy Obligation
(6) The Protection Obligation
(7) The Retention Limitation Obligation
(8) The Transfer Limitation Obligation
(9) The Openness Obligation
While we will not be going into the details of these Obligations in this Personal Data Protection Statement, you can be rest assured that we are constantly mindful of them in our collection, use and disclosure of personal data. Should you wish to know more about these obligations, a summary can be found in the Advisory Guidelines of the Personal Data Protection Commission at:
1. Purpose for the Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
In general, subject to applicable exceptions permitted in the Act, before we collect any personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purpose.
The personal data which we collect from you may be used and/or disclosed for the following purpose:
ECI is committed to engaging and embracing its surrounding community, ecosystem as well as society at large. As a result, we often organise a lot of activities in which external stakeholders or the general public are invited to participate. While it is impossible to list all the events in which we hope the public will participate, some events that you as a member of the public can look forward to include community outreach programmes, talks, exhibitions, movie screenings, concerts and many others (Events). Naturally, in encouraging a vibrant interaction with the public, there will be opportunity, and often need, to collect, use and/or disclose personal data from members of the public. Some of the reasons/ purposes are as follows:
(a) For security/ verification purposes for certain Events
(b) For logistical/ administrative purposes for certain Events (eg. Food catering)
(c) To keep you updated of future ECI Events/ products which we feel may interest you
(d) For marketing/ publicity purposes (eg. Photographs)
In almost all of the above situations, it will be totally up to you as to whether, and to what extent, you wish to provide us with your personal data. For Events where such provision of personal data is a pre-requisite to attendance, you shall be informed in advance so that you may make an informed decision as to whether to attend. ECI will also endeavour at all times to inform you of the purposes for which personal data collected from you will be used. Should you at any time feel that the manner in which ECI has acted, or seeks to act, in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of personal data for an Event is inappropriate, please feel free to make your concerns known to the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details can be found at [email protected]
2. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so or unless any such disclosure is permitted under any of the statutory exemptions under the Act . In this respect, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties in certain circumstances without first seeking your consent, if such disclosure is either required or permitted under the Act, including without limitation, if the disclosure is required by law and/or regulations or if there is an emergency.
3. Request for Access, Correction and/or Withdrawal of Personal Data
Subject to certain exceptions in the Act, you may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession or withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession at any time by submitting your request here.
For a request to access personal data, we will provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable time from such request being made.
For a request to correct personal data, we will process your request, including undertaking necessary verification activities, as soon as practicable after the request has been made. You may be charged reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access and/or correct your personal data, but you will be notified in advance of such costs.
For a request to withdraw consent, we will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made. In some cases, requests for withdrawal of consent may adversely impact your relationship with ECI as it may hinder ECI’s ability to continue to interact with you. We will notify you in advance of such impact, if any.
4. Administration and Management of Personal Data
We will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated.
We will also take reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data.
We will also take reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Our websites may contain links to other websites not maintained by ECI. Such third party websites are subject to their own data protection and privacy practices and you are encouraged to examine the data protection policies of those websites.